Sunday, April 3, 2011

Restoration - #2

Here is a shot of ole #10 after restoration.
.
I think it's important to save these ole boats; a shout out to the Smith Family, Chuck Amboy and Mr. Woodruff for putting the time and money to keep these canoes around.
.
The video tells the story, epic in it's own right but the adventure, well... never before and never again. Purchase on Amazon located upper right.
.

New restoration project - the 7000 mile canoe; The plan is to have her together and on the water for sea trials in 3-4 weeks.
.

A look inside, pretty basic; I wonder how old that line is off the stern? The metal tubes will go they were added after the trip to stiffen the canoe after the 7000 mile pounding.
.

Working the restoration magic; new gunnel's, new decals new finish will bring this canoe back to rivers edge.
.
Mark is gonna let this canoe be paddled by friends in the paddling world. Roxane and I are gonna paddle it down the Manistee River from M-72 bridge to Lake Michigan in the Tip of the Mit challenge. I will paddle up the Au sable in my Sea Wind then change to this canoe. I'm excited!!!
.
We have a new log book for the canoe and will keep a record of the paddlers and rivers and miles that it will go. So if any one wants to take a trip in this historical canoe let me know so I can get you on the calender. 5one7-6four7-5seven88 - Dan Smith

No comments: