Wednesday, March 5, 2014

EC 2014 - 5.0


I assume this is a thumbs up photo op and Mark and Lauren are not trying to hitch a ride somewhere; they are really making good time. WindwardMark and LeewardLauren had a quick sleep on Lulu key from about 7:30p.m. on March 3, and then left to take advantage of the tide just after 10:00 p.m. Slept a bit more (IN their Kruger cruiser!) tied to a mangrove near the Park office and got their Everglades permit at 8:00 a.m. Here they are at CP 2, about 9:30 a.m. on March 4. Night of March 4 at Rogers River chickee and for March 5, I thought I heard "S Joe," but that looks a little out of the way, so I'm not sure. Marcia Fry reporting.


Leeward Lauren and Windward Mark just pushing off from the mangroves near the park office. Just before landing here they had a bivouac of several hours right in their Cruiser. Lauren had a little sand crab keeping her company, and actually slept. Helps to be short. I guess Mark battled mosquitos and slept less. But they're in great spirits and excited about the Wilderness Waterway to come. Marcia Fry reporting

 
"Where's my food"- Bob

Bob and Toby have made their way down to Tarpon Bay; They are in a pretty remote area; from what my sources tell me Bob is sleeping with one eye open, gators, sharks, snakes and the most worrisome predator - Toby; let me tell ya, that boy can eat; one eye open and your hand on your grub bag.

Sandy did a big push and snuck into CP2 in the wee hours of the morning; that makes for a long day on day 3 of the challenge; hat's off for staying with it!!

I am not 100%  sure where MicroTom and WaterLilly are (possible CP 2); I can't seem to get a current read on their SPOT; but I am sure they are somewhere between "having a ball" key and "what the ..." island!

No comments: