Sunday, October 4, 2009

UKC Update 40

Mark Reports 9:50 pm EST

As Mark pushed from the shore late last night on the Manistee, he had his fingers crossed that he wouldn't be fogged out like the Von Bradford Express who took a coyote break (see previous posts) when the fog got just too thick to paddle safely.

A look at the SPOT, and it shows Mark still on the water. I feel somewhat guilty after a full 8 hours sleep, two slices of strawberry rhubarb pie and my second mocha latte, but then I believe Mark feels for me being stuck in the city behind the key board as well. It's all perspective and I'm the one really missing out.

Mark did say he had his air horn out and he was hoping to come up on a couple sleeping papa bears (Toby and Dave) and scare the crap out of them when he paddles by.

It'll be interesting if Marks gets to them before they push from shore... keep an eye on those SPOTS!!

The Captain Reporting

No comments: